- On July 14, 2020
Improve Your Website Conversion Rate by Utilising Chatbots
After speaking to multiple professionals in the B2B marketing industry, it’s clear that on-site chatbots are quite the point of contention.
Some argue they’re ineffective, depersonalizing, and downright annoying at the worst of times. Which is completely true – if you’re using ultra-generic chatbot hooks that take up half the screen and make a ping! sound every 3 seconds.
Engaged leads and Improved conversion rates are achieved when companies use chatbot hooks to engage – not exasperate – your visitors. Sounds obvious, yet a surprising amount of companies still haven’t got the memo on that one.
For the most part, it’s these opening ‘hooks’ that make or break the chatbot experience. Initial hooks are the difference between your leads thinking “that sounds interesting, maybe I will see what this company is about” and “oh god, another annoying chat popup… I think I’ll just find another website”.
So, what type of chatbot hook will work best for your website? We’ve compiled 10 types of effective bot hooks from across the industry – and even given them their own memorable names. How delightful.
1. Form-Skipping Frank
Nobody enjoys filling out forms. Remove the friction and increase your conversion rate by adding bots that skip the delay, and connect hot leads with a member of your team immediately.
- Hi there! Want to skip the form and talk to a member of our team?
- Anything I can help with? I’ll connect you to a human straight away.
- Hello there – I can book a meeting right now if you’re tired of form-filling!
2. Helpful Henry
This is what we use on the Gorilla site – and for good reason. Great for websites that offer a wide range of solutions, these bot hooks offer immediate help on-hand for customers who have questions about your services. Click the speech bubble at the bottom-right for a real-time example.
- Hi there! If you need assistance, I’m always here.
- Hello! Our professionals are on-hand should you have any questions.
- Hey there! Need to speak to a human right now?
3. Conversion Rate Charlie
These bots are perfect for high-level pages, adding a level of intrigue to generate leads. Once clicked, they can offer anything from special offers to playbooks – all in the name of an improved conversion rate.
- Hi there! Want to see something revolutionary?
- Hello! We have something interesting to share…
- Psst… Want to hear about an exclusive deal?
4. Solution Sally
Like a hyper-targeted Helpful Henry, these bot hooks highlight and explain certain solutions you offer. Try putting these types of hooks on your most popular product pages, or on the page of a solution you’re currently pushing.
- I see you’re interested in [solution] – have any questions?
- Hello! Companies like [big company inc.] are already using [solution] – ready to get started?
- – Hi! If you have any questions about [solution], our professionals are here to help.
5. Retargeting Reginald
A fantastic way to add some personality to your chatbot hooks. If you find yourself with a lot of returning visitors, utilizing a retargeting hook might just work for you.
- Welcome back! Ready to get started?
- Back again? Love to see it. Want to speak to our professionals?
- You’re becoming a regular! I’m still here if you have any burning questions.
6. Personalized Penny
Following on from Retargeting Reginald, a personalized bot hook is ideal if you have many returning customers (who have already filled out forms or made prior purchases). By utilizing a few simple scripts, your chatbot can offer an eye-catching message personalized to each individual customer.
- Welcome back, [customer name]! You know the drill – I’m always here if you need help.
- Good to see you, [customer name]. I’ve got a few things here I think you might like: [link to playbook/product page]
- Hey [customer name], how are you? We’re on-hand for a chat if you need anything.
7. Inquisitive Ivan
Looking to learn more about your customer base? Look no further than Inquisitive Ivan. These hooks can provide further insight into your demographics through the power of asking questions. Additionally, they can kick-start conversations that ultimately lead to conversions.
- Thanks for visiting [website]. What are you looking for today?
- Hello! Have you had time to check out [new product] yet? We think it’s great, but we’d love to know your thoughts.
- Looking for something specific? We can help with that
8. Pricing Peter
Ah, Pricing Peter – ever the logician. Use these hooks on pricing pages, contact pages or ‘learn more’ pages to provide clarity for visitors intending to make a purchase. Pricing clarity has long been a point of perplexity for B2B customers, so further clarity here should improve buyer confidence and ultimately improve your conversion rate.
- Hello! Have any queries about our pricing or plans?
- Need help finding the right plan for [company]? Our professionals are here to help.
- Glad to see you’re checking out our plans. Let me know if you have any questions.
9. Demo Debbie
B2B buyers love a good demo. If you have a feature-filled demo on offer, why not encourage buyers to see what all the fuss is about. They get a taste of what you have to offer, you get a lead. Everybody wins!
- Hey – interested in seeing how [product] will look on your site?
- We have an exclusive demo, just for you – get started here.
- Welcome back! Interested in seeing how [product] can work for you? Check out our demo!
10. Chatbot Tips & Tricks
Let’s finish off with a few important bits of advice to keep in mind when creating your own chatbot.
- Positive Thinking: From atoms to humans, everything reacts better to positivity. Think about how excited your dog gets whenever you’re excited. That principle works with humans too (to an admittedly lesser degree). Nonetheless, keep your chatbot tone friendly, upbeat and passionate to achieve the more leads and the best possible conversion rate.
- Be Eye-Catching: …without being obnoxious. A delicate sprinkling of colour and emojis in your chatbot text can be fun and engaging, although be careful not to overdo it. Remember we’re marketers, not Instagrammers.
- Focus on Experience: You may have the most engaging bot hook in the world, but if customers have to wait 5+ minutes to get a reply from a real person, they won’t bother hanging around. Ensure at least one person is available to answer chatbot queries at all times.
If you don’t have the time or staff to constantly check your chatbot, click here for an in-depth guide on creating a more fully-fledged virtual assistant using AI.
Thanks for checking out our chatbot guide. For more guidance on empowering your marketing efforts, feel free to click on our very own chatbot.